Have you heard about Gedong Songo temple?

Have you heard about Gedong Songo temple?

When you hear about Indonesia, maybe the first thing that in your mind is Bali and Borobudur temple. Bali has many temples and most of them or even all are Hindu temples (I don’t know haha... J
However, Hindu temples in Indonesia are not only found in Bali but  also in Java. Maybe you have heard Prambanan temple? Yes, that temple compound is a Hindu temple. Prambanan temple is more popular than temples that I want to share in this my very first article of this Agungpsp English Blog.
What I am gonna share is Gedong Songo temple.  Gedong Songo is a group of Hindu temples located in Mount Ungaran, Central Java, Indonesia. One thing that makes this temple is not familiar in your ears because it’s far from the city of Yogyakarta which we know that the huge Prambanan is located there. But, I just want you to know that Gedong Songo temple has to be in your list if you visit Indonesia. These temples are smaller that Prambanan. The location is on Ungaran mountain. It makes the air in here is so fresh. You will be comfortable with the atmosphere here. I really love it.
I am gonna tell my story when I visited Gedong Songo last year. Yes, last year :D
Actually, I have visited Gedong Songo for 3 times. This one is the last time. The first timeI went there because I had to join the scout in my school, I was in ten grade. That was a really horrible experience there. It is because when we had a camp, suddenly in the night there was a storm. The situation became frightening, dark, and foggy. We even could’n see the light. Then, in the morning our senior commanded us to go home and the camp was canceled. Hahaha... that’s what I want!
The second time I went there is also because I joined as one of the commetee of the scout. I mean I became a seniour. That was really great since there was no strom like the previous year. We spent 3 days and two nights there. We were having fun, enjoy the atmosphere. In the night, the air was really cold.
The third time I went there was last year. There were alot of change in the park since it was not allowed to do camp there anymore. Unluckily, the bus that we were riding could not make it to the top, I mean the entrance gate of the Gedong Songo temple. We had to walk for about 1 km climbing. What! That was horrible. However, I saw beautiful scenery on the way to go there. After 1 hour, we finally make it to the entrance gate. Yes, we did it!
What made me sad was there was so crowded, full of people...Aaaa....
“Okay, we make it to the top then we have to enter!”
We enter it, then I saw a lot of changes since I went here like 2 years ago. It’s cleaner, neat, and more park. I saw a new popular park on Instagram here, It’s called Ayana. I didn’t go there. I only enjoyed the temples. The air was really fresh, the scenery was beautiful, and the locals were so nice. I bought some souvenirs and traditional foods.
Because there was many people, then my picture becomes this:







Okay, at least I enjoy the view. What made a lot of people there because that was Lebaran holiday (Ied Fitr) so everyone is going to park, tourist attractions, and more.

My suggestion is don’t go there in the peak season. Or it is gonna be traffic and may people. Just go there in May, August, October, November, not in the weekend.
So here I give some recommendation of hotels near Gedong Songo temple.
Amanda Hills Bandungan
NUWIS Hotel & Convention
Plaza Hotel Semarang

If you like History, this should be on your list. If you like beautiful scenery, don’t ask me!
That was my experience when I visited the Gedong Songo temple. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you!


Keywords: Gedong songo, temple, history, Indonesia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Heart Girl

What are the pros and cons of banning plastic?